Answers Fermented Fish Stock is an excellent biodiverse wholefood source. As superfoods with complex nutrients, Answers Fermented Fish Stocks are sustainably and responsibly sourced, have easy-to-digest proteins, highly absorbable enzymes, and naturally occurring vitamins and minerals. An efficient and diverse nutrient profile that is superb as a nutritional aid for any meal.
Answers Fermented Fish Stock is produced from authentic wild-caught, sustainable North Atlantic cold water white fish, and fermented sardines. As part of Answers quality control practices, products are routinely tested for mercury and heavy metals. You can feed this fish stock with confidence, but you may want to hold your nose! Your pet, however, will love its special aroma. A great option is to freeze the broth into single-serving portions as it will have much less smell while frozen.
Benefits of feeding fermented fish stock include:
- Joint Support – Fermented fish stock contains glycosaminoglycans, which are a major component of glucosamine, chondroitin, hyaluronic acid, and joint cartilage.
- Thyroid Support – Rich in iodine and other thyroid supportive nutrients.
- Kidney Support – Fermented fish stock is essential for pets with kidney disease who are put on a low protein diet, as it reduces the body’s need for protein by up to 50%. Rich in arginine, it helps to metabolize protein waste and reduces blood pressure, which puts less strain on the kidneys.
- Digestive Support – Gelatin is a naturally occurring product in fermented fish stock. It lines the digestive system and helps resolve leaky gut syndrome and colitis, while also providing a barrier against bad bacteria. Fermented fish stock is also high in Glycine, which helps regulate the making of bile salts and secretion of gastric juices, in addition to aiding in liver detox. Glycine is also an anti-inflammatory amino acid. It produces a calming effect, aids in sleep, and can help protect against seizures as well as brain damage.
- Skin/Coat Support – Ground fermented sardines provide a dense source of all Omega fatty acids, which are key for optimal skin and coat health.
- Dental Support – Fish stock helps remineralize tooth enamel by absorbing minerals into your pet’s saliva. The same glycosaminoglycans that aid in joint health also assist in the repair of ligaments and the tightening of teeth.
- Diabetic Support – Ground fermented sardines naturally stimulate the secretion of insulin. They are also rich in magnesium, which increases insulin sensitivity.
- Immune Support – The minerals provided naturally in fermented fish stock are more readily absorbed, and they trigger metabolic enzymes that boost healing functions. Answer’s Fermented Fish Stock is an amazing way to regulate the immune system.
- Seizure Relief – As well as aiding in digestion, the gelatin found in fermented fish stock has anti-inflammatory and brain-protecting functions. Specific glycosaminoglycans also enhance the brain’s ability to eliminate heavy metals and other toxins.
Suggested Daily Serving for Adult Pets
|Weight||Oz per Day|
|0-20 lbs||2 (4 Tbsp or 1/4 cup)|
|20-50 lbs||4 (8 Tbsp or 1/2 cup)|
|50 + lbs||6 (12 Tbsp or 3/4 cup)|
Fish stock, sardines, whey, salt.
|Crude Protein||Min. 3.0%|
|Crude Fat||Min. 0.5%|
|Crude Fiber||Max. 0.01%|
Calorie Content (calculated)
216 kcals (calories) ME/kg
7 kcals (calories) ME/1 oz
Keep frozen. Thaw in refrigerator or at room temperature in protective bowl or on a plate. Portion and refreeze if needed. Good for 14 days refrigerated.