Approximately 20% of adult dogs and nearly 80% of seniors suffer from arthritis or another joint condition that causes pain, joint stiffness, or loss of mobility. Cats are affected too, with a staggering 60-90% of cats over age 12 developing some degree of arthritis.
With these statistics, it’s easy to feel like your pet developing stiff or achy joints is inevitable and just a part of the aging process, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t offer them any prevention or support.
How do I know if my pet has arthritis?
Identifying pain and discomfort in our pets can be difficult, especially when their survival instincts tell them to hide their pain. We often don’t know that our pets are experiencing any pain until the pain has been around for some time, or has gotten to a degree where they are unable to mask it. This is yet another great reason to consider using joint health supplements as a preventative measure.
In addition to adding supplements to support their joint health, there are a few other ways you can help protect your pet’s joint and musculoskeletal system.
- Keep them at a healthy weight: Carrying extra pounds puts additional stress on your pet’s spine and joints.
- Adding Omega-3’s: getting enough fatty acids is essential to your pet’s health, and Omega-3’s are commonly lacking in most diets. Omega-3’s offer anti-inflammatory support.
- Maintaining healthy nails: having overgrown nails can cause our pet’s toes to bend when they stand, destabilizing the foot and contributing to pain all the way from the toes, up through the elbow and knees and even into their hips and shoulders. Long toe nails also reduce their ability to grip on slick surfaces, and can cause muscle pain and stiffness from trying to maintain their balance.
What kinds of supplements should I use?
- Ideal for maintaining healthy joints, or managing low to moderate pain levels and mild inflammation
- Contains well-known joint health supplements MSM and Glucosamine
- Additional anti-inflammatories including Boswellia Extract, Green Lipped Mussel, and Magnesium
- Vitamin E and Hyaluronic Acid help to protect joints and slow down the progression of arthritis
- Ideal for pets who experience moderate to severe chronic pain.
- 95% Curcumin Extract is a powerful anti-inflammatory and what makes this formula such a potent pain reliever.
- Contains 4x the Vitamin E and Hyaluronic Acid as Joint Maintain for more aggressive treatment of arthritis
- Amino acids L-Lysine and L-Glutamine help the body to build and maintain muscle and create collagen for healthier joint function
- Ideal as an addition to your pet’s diet to prevent or treat mild pain and arthritis, or as a supplement with multiple health benefits
- Boosts the effects of Glucosamine and Chondroitin if you’re already using a joint supplement you like, or if you give your pet bones and chews that are high in glucosamine such as feet, wings, or tracheas.
- Contains high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids
- Available in 3 different strengths to suit your pet’s size and needs
- Organically grown, produced, and bottled in Saskatchewan
- CBD offers many health benefits to all pets, but it is especially useful when treating chronic pain and inflammation, as well as stress and anxiety.