Your pets’ liver is one of the busiest and most important organs in their body. Everything that enters our pet’s mouths is eventually filtered through their liver – keeping it healthy is very important!
The liver has many functions;
- It is considered a cleansing organism, since everything must be filtered through it before being released into the rest of the body to ensure that the body is rid of toxins.
- The liver aids in digesting fats
- Produces glycogen, energy storage
- It’s also responsible for protein production throughout the body.
You can help detoxify and keep the liver healthy by doing several things!
- Feed a species appropriate diet with minimal starches
- Feed meat proteins that are low in fat such as llama, elk, and rabbit
- Avoid feeding bones that are high in fat such as femurs or beef ribs
- Feed treats & food with “one protein” ingredients
- Adding leafy greens to your pets’ diet
- Giving supplements such as Apple Cider Vinegar & Turmeric (turmeric mixed with coconut oil so that the body can absorb it properly) help promote a healthy liver
Using the help of an herbal supplement to assist in a gentle detox of your pet’s liver can rejuvenate and boost your dog’s overall health!
Check out our learning centre for more information!
Showing 1–12 of 30 results
Adored Beast – Gut Soothe$64.95
On SaleSale!%Off19Save $3434$34$
Adored Beast – Leaky Gut Protocol
Adored Beast – Liver Tonic$24.95
Adored Beast – Yeasty Beast Protocol$74.95
Antioxidant Blue 3P- $6.35/lb$17.95 – $69.95
Apple Cider Vinegar by Omega Nutrition$4.49
Carnivora Llama Diet Grass-Fed | $4.79/lb$3.29 – $239.95
Carnivora Rabbit Diet | $5.70/lb$4.11 – $284.95
On SaleSale!%Off16Save $66$6$
Club Canine Beef Tripe | $3.20/lb$14.95 – $45.80
On SaleSale!%Off17Save $66$6$
Club Canine Lamb Tripe | $3.62/lb$19.85 – $49.45
On SaleSale!%Off11Save $55$5$Low Allergen
Club Canine Llama | $6.84/lb$27.95 – $54.25
On SaleSale!%Off12Save $55$5$Low Allergen
Club Canine Rabbit (Non Med/Hormone Free) – $6.90/lb$28.95 – $54.75