Your pets’ liver is one of the busiest and most important organs in their body. Everything that enters our pet’s mouths is eventually filtered through their liver – keeping it healthy is very important!
The liver has many functions;
- It is considered a cleansing organism, since everything must be filtered through it before being released into the rest of the body to ensure that the body is rid of toxins.
- The liver aids in digesting fats
- Produces glycogen, energy storage
- It’s also responsible for protein production throughout the body.
You can help detoxify and keep the liver healthy by doing several things!
- Feed a species appropriate diet with minimal starches
- Feed meat proteins that are low in fat such as llama, elk, and rabbit
- Avoid feeding bones that are high in fat such as femurs or beef ribs
- Feed treats & food with “one protein” ingredients
- Adding leafy greens to your pets’ diet
- Giving supplements such as Apple Cider Vinegar & Turmeric (turmeric mixed with coconut oil so that the body can absorb it properly) help promote a healthy liver
Using the help of an herbal supplement to assist in a gentle detox of your pet’s liver can rejuvenate and boost your dog’s overall health!
Check out our learning centre for more information!
Showing all 8 results
4 in stock
5 in stock
1 in stock
Out of stock
2 in stock