Your pets’ liver is one of the busiest and most important organs in their body. Everything that enters our pet’s mouths is eventually filtered through their liver – keeping it healthy is very important!
The liver has many functions;
- It is considered a cleansing organism, since everything must be filtered through it before being released into the rest of the body to ensure that the body is rid of toxins.
- The liver aids in digesting fats
- Produces glycogen, energy storage
- It’s also responsible for protein production throughout the body.
You can help detoxify and keep the liver healthy by doing several things!
- Feed a species appropriate diet with minimal starches
- Feed meat proteins that are low in fat such as llama, elk, and rabbit
- Avoid feeding bones that are high in fat such as femurs or beef ribs
- Feed treats & food with “one protein” ingredients
- Adding leafy greens to your pets’ diet
- Giving supplements such as Apple Cider Vinegar & Turmeric (turmeric mixed with coconut oil so that the body can absorb it properly) help promote a healthy liver
Using the help of an herbal supplement to assist in a gentle detox of your pet’s liver can rejuvenate and boost your dog’s overall health!
Check out our learning centre for more information!
Showing 1–12 of 30 results
3P Naturals Antioxidant Blue – $6.35/lb$17.95 – $69.95
3P Naturals Yeast Buster Blend – $4.90lb$13.95 – $53.95
Adored Beast – Gut Soothe$64.95
Adored Beast – Leaky Gut Protocol$159.95
Adored Beast – Liver Tonic$24.95
Apple Cider Vinegar by Omega Nutrition$4.49
Carnivora Llama Diet Grass-Fed | $4.80/lb$3.29 – $239.95
Carnivora Rabbit Diet | $5.70/lb$4.11 – $284.95
Club Canine Beef Tripe | $3.36/lb$16.80 – $44.35
Club Canine Lamb Tripe | $3.51/lb$19.55 – $48.55
Low AllergenPre-Order Now!
Club Canine Llama | $6.84/lb$31.15 – $54.25
Club Canine Rabbit (Non Med/Hormone Free) – $6.59/lb$31.15 – $54.25