Nordic Naturals Omega-3 is made in Norway, exclusively from sustainably sourced sardines and anchovies.
All Nordic Naturals fish oil products are offered in the triglyceride molecular form—the form naturally found in fish, and the form the body most easily absorbs. Everything we make is non-GMO and third-party tested, surpassing the strictest international standards for purity and freshness. Certificates of Analysis are available for any product. Nordic Naturals fish oils are Friend of the Sea (FOS) certified and sustainably made in a zero-waste facility powered by biofuel.
Why Does My Pet Need an Omega-3 Supplement?
The magic of omega-3s lies in their ability to reduce inflammation. Low-grade chronic inflammation is at the root of countless diseases (think arthritis, heart disease, and even cancer), and omega-3 supplements help keep this in check. In addition to omega-3s being a wonderful preventative measure, they’re also a great way to help with discomfort when inflammatory symptoms (like stiff joints in older dogs) begin to occur.
Another important thing to understand is there also needs to be a balance between omega-3s and omega-6s in your dog’s body. Although they sound similar and both help to control hormones, they perform somewhat opposite roles. Omega-6 fatty acids produce hormones that assist with cell growth, blood clotting, and increasing inflammation as part of the immune response (the good acute kind of inflammation that promotes healing, i.e. when your ankle swells up after a sprain). Omega-3 fatty acids, on the other hand, produce hormones that help the immune system, decrease inflammation (the harmful low-grade chronic inflammation that leads to disease), and work alongside omega-6 in such a way to maintain optimal health.
Most pets will have an imbalance of omegas. This is because only pasture-raised red meats and wild game have a balanced ratio of omegas. Grain-fed beef, pork, and poultry all have a lack of omega-3 and an excess of omega-6, making omega-3 supplementation a necessity. Remedying this imbalance with an omega-3 supplement will help ensure a healthy immune system, heart, and brain. This is why a good balance of both is so essential.
Benefits of Nordic Naturals Omega-3 oils:
- Supports brain and eye development and maintenance
- Supports heart health
- Supports immune function
- Aids in joint mobility and function
- Promotes healthy skin and coat
For best results, please refrigerate and use within three months after opening. We suggest the following sizes:
- 2oz for cats, and dogs under 20lbs
- 8oz for dogs 20-60lbs or those with more than one smaller dog
- 16oz for dogs 60bs+ and multi-dog homes
Ingredients: anchovy oil, sardine oil, d-alpha tocopherol (a preservative). No artificial colors or flavors.
Suggested daily use for cats:
- 2-4 lbs: 0.25 mL (37 mg EPA/25 mg DHA)
- 5-9 lbs: 0.5 mL (74 mg EPA/51 mg DHA)
- 10-14 lbs: 0.75 mL (110 mg EPA/76 mg DHA)
- 15-20 lbs: 1.0 mL (147 mg EPA/101 mg DHA)
- Over 20 lbs: 1.25 mL (184 mg EPA/127 mg DHA)
Suggested daily use for dogs:
- 2-4 lbs: 0.5 mL (74 mg EPA/51 mg DHA)
- 5-9 lbs: 1.0 mL (147 mg EPA/101 mg DHA)
- 10-19 lbs: 2.0 mL (294 mg EPA/202 mg DHA)
- 20-39 lbs: 0.5 teaspoon (2.5 mL); 368 mg EPA/253 mg DHA/759 mg total omega-3s
- 40-59 lbs: 1.0 teaspoon (5.0 mL); 736 mg EPA/506 mg DHA/1518 mg total omega-3s
- 60-79 lbs: 1.5 teaspoons (7.5 mL); 1104 mg EPA/759 mg DHA/2277 mg total omega-3s
- 80-110 lbs: 2.0 teaspoons (10 mL); 1472 mg EPA/1012 mg DHA/3036 mg total omega-3s
- 111+ lbs: 2.5 teaspoons (12.5 mL); 1840 mg EPA/1265 mg DHA/3795 mg total omega-3s
Calorie Content (calculated) ME 8466 kcal/kg, 8 kcal/mL
*Do not exceed the suggested daily use without consulting your veterinarian.
- Crude fat (min.) 99.4%
- Moisture (max.) 0.1%
- Total Omega-3 Fatty Acids* (min.) 33%
- Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA)* (min.) 16%
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)* (min.) 11%