Back 2 Basics Raw Sheep Milk Kefir is rich in digestive enzymes and probiotics that boost the immune system, aid with diarrhea and chronic gastrointestinal disorders, and improve the digestive system. It is packed with healthy fats, omega 3 and 6, magnesium, and vitamin B12, which makes it beneficial for relaxation and alleviating stressors such as fear, anxiety, and over-excitement.
It is also a great hydration booster for those feeding freeze-dried diets, and to keep your pet hydrated in times of high activity and hot weather.
Sheep milk is the most similar animal milk available to canine milk, making this a great option for puppies and kittens.
- Aids in relaxation for pets with anxiety and other stressors
- Source of healthy fats, Omega-3 & 6
- Suitable for cats and dogs of all life stages, but ideal for puppies & kittens
- Free of gluten, lactose, hormones, and synthetic products
- Available in a 975 ml bottle
- Sourced and made in Canada
Raw Sheep Milk Kefir Ingredients: Raw sheep milk, kefir micro-organisms, bacteria cultures (lactococcus lactis, leuconostoc mesenteroides).
Probiotic Milk for Pet Health
Here are just a number of conditions that can benefit from the addition of Raw Sheep Milk Kefir:
- skin and coat issues
- irritable bowel syndrome
- indigestion and other digestive tract problems
- excessive flatulence
- excessive shedding
- a lack of beneficial bacteria and yeasts in the intestines after a course of antibiotics
- poor stool quality
- bad breath
You can increase the amount daily if you choose, but we recommend you start here to avoid any initial digestive upset from probiotic supplementation:
- Small size dogs or cats: 1 tsp – 1 tbsp
- Medium size dogs: 1 – 2 tbsp
- Large dogs: 2 – 3 tbsp
- This item can be kept in the fridge for up to 14 days. If you will not use the entire bottle within that time, we recommend portioning and refreezing. Sheep milk ice cubes are a convenient way to portion and add sheep’s milk to your pet’s meal, and on a warm day, they will appreciate a nice cold pupsicle!
- It is normal for the milk solids to separate after thawing, simply shake to mix before serving.
- This raw milk is fermented and is normal and expected to have a bit of a tangy smell, like plain yogurt.